At The Christian School (Takeley) we recognise the importance of the process of risk assessment to enable us to safeguard our students and promote their welfare.
This policy is to be used in conjunction the school’s Health and Safety Policy, Fire Policy and all other policies related to health and safety, and individual risk assessments.
The purpose of risk assessment is to identify hazards and evaluate any associated risks. This includes such areas as:
- Health and Safety
- Fire Safety
- Site Security
- School Trips
- Critical incidents
Other areas include:
- Some Science activities
- PE and Sport Activities
Child Protection and Pastoral Care
- Our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy outlines the procedures in place to identify children at risk beyond the environs of school.
Medical and First Aid
- Our Medication Policy outlines the procedures for managing children’s medication.
- Our First Aid Policy outlines the procedures for managing first aid
- The Headteacher is responsible for reporting any notifiable accident that occurs on school premises to a student, member of staff, parent, visitor or contractor to the HSE in accordance with the Reporting of Injuries Diseases and Dangerous Occurrence Regulations (RIDDOR).
- We ensure that students understand why they do not have access to potentially dangerous areas, such as the roof, storage areas, the car park, the chapel gardens (without permission) and the chapel balcony. Where there are no fire escapes, doors to these areas are kept locked at all times when not in use.
- All flammables are kept securely locked.
- Students do not have access to potentially dangerous science and DT equipment, catering equipment (e.g. sharp knives), medical supplies and cleaning supplies of the school. Some of these they will have access to under supervision.
Policy: Risk Assessment Policy